The Communications Manager will be primarily responsible for identifying opportunities for the Orgone Foundation’s life-changing impact to be communicated– staying up to date on the foundation’s work and creating written and multimedia content to convey this work and impact.
The position affects the public image and reputation of the Orgone Foundation. The Communications Manager must be highly organized, thorough, accurate, and display good judgment.
- Identify opportunities for the foundation’s work and impact to be communicated publicly. Regularly liaise with the foundation's programmatic officials to identify these opportunities, assess content options through the foundation channels and earned media.
- Create content about the foundation’s work and impact. Compose and clear press releases, fact sheets, op-eds, blog posts, and other written content. Work with the digital and marketing teams to help create multimedia and social content that can be deployed strategically through the foundation and external channels.
- Assist with reactive press support as needed: be able to provide research and strategic assessments for press questions that the foundation receives.
- Other assignments as requests by the foundation.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Education (Minimum Needed and Type of Degree Needed): Bachelor’s degree in communications, literature, history or relevant field to the Orgone Foundation’s work.
- Work Experience (Minimum Needed):3-5 years’ experience in communications or media relations experience for a PR agency, multi-national corporation or NGO.
- Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job:
- Familiarity with social media channels, research and media applications.
- Skills (e.g. Level of Judgment Required, Ability to Direct, Work Independently, Multi-Task, etc.):
- Proven quick and thorough research and writing ability, good judgment under pressure, extremely organized and detail oriented and proven capacity to multi-task in fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines, professional demeanor.
- Other (Communication Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Math Skills, Learning Skills, or Other Specific Skills Required):
- Proven track record of generating coverage of policy issues in areas related to the work and values of the Orgone Foundation including energy development, health and wellness, civic education and leadership development, early childhood education, economic and workforce development, climate change, empowering girls and women; strong writing ability; ability to manage multiple accounts.
- This position requires weekend, nights, and off-peak hours
The Orgone Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.